Search This Blog

Saturday, 12 February 2011

Altered matchboxes

Here is the first of the altered match boxes I made.  The idea was really taken from Craft Stamper magazine.  As I'm sure you know they do a reader swap in each issue and the theme for this was altered matchboxes using the colours duck egg blue, brown and gold. 

Items I used:

Magnolia Doohickey vintage tag die,
Longing Tilda rubber stamp,
Backing paper from papermania. 
Also scrap of lace, a paper rose and leaf, a gem stone and fibers.

Well this was my attempt and I was pleased with the results till I re-read the instructions that is!  Any standard sized matchbox was acceptable.  Well I didnt notice that in my rush to get started!!!  I just made a machbox! LOL  so I had to start again.....

1 comment:

  1. This is gorgeous - I love the embossing on the tag. Beautifully coloured Tilda too.

    Carol x